Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Kooskooskie morning

The alarm went off at 5, not my usual rising time for a Sunday morning, even if it is for a weekday. But with highs projected near 100, it was time to get up and ride before it was hot. And once I got my butt out of bed, I was glad that I had.
An easy-paced ride up Kooskooskie was what I had in mind, and that was what I got. Except for the headwind all the way up, which was replaced with a sweet tail-wind only down as far as Blue Creek. But it was oh so sweet while it lasted. Then a headwind all the way home. Sigh.
In ones and twos, I saw others with the same game plan in mind - ride while it's only in the seventies. When I got up at 5, it was already 70. In May. Delightfully, two of the cyclists I saw were two of my favorite people, Mia and RJ, Whitties and cyclists to boot. We made plans for dinner on Wednesday, when Mia is caught up with school from her trip to collegiate nationals and we can all get caught up with what's been going on in our lives.

No comments: