Monday, July 7, 2008

Five days to go!

Now I'm in the tapering phase. There's no use trying to build on more endurance. If I don't have it by now, fuhgeddaboutit. Friday morning I did 45 miles - up the bike path and 5 Mile hill with the group, then I backtracked up Kooskooskie, and back up over 5 mile, down Russell Creek and home.

The legs are feeling good, the mind is just a little antsy. Can I do it? Yeah, I'm pretty sure.

Will I get over-cooked too soon in the paceline? Maybe. Hopefully I'll have the good sense to stay within myself and just drop off the back if I need to. The adrenaline will be there first thing in the morning for everybody, myself included.

On another topic, we had the great pleasure of meeting and starting to get to know RJ's folks. We had a great time at the Farmers Market on Saturday morning, and then RJ rented them bikes and we rode out to the airport for wine tasting (gotta have motivation) and some great iced lattes at the Walla Walla Roastery. You can read more about our adventures here.
I'm looking forward to hearing more about their biking adventures in the future. Go Team Jensen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can do it! I'm so proud of you!!!! Go go go! You can bet your sweet bippy I'll be calling Dad's cell constantly this weekend to see how you're doing.