Thursday, July 24, 2008

Carry your own TP!


So, if life is giving you you-know-what, carry your own T.P.! I had a sizable package of toilet paper in my office closet that Monte & Sue had picked up for me at Costco last weekend. I hadn't gotten around to bringing it home in the car because the one time I drove the car this week I forgot to bring it home.
Thanks in large part to RJ's example of how much you really can carry on your bike, I thought I'd give taking the toilet paper home on my commuter a try. You can read about her latest on the bike load here.
As you can see, my "haul" worked out fine. As I rode home I must admit that I had visions of hitting a pothole and having rolls of toilet paper rolling all over the road! And I most certainly did get a lot of second looks as I pedaled home.

3 comments:

Sparktography said...

That's my mom: always enough TP!

Anonymous said...

Well, I suppose you could call it your "in case of emergency" pack... How Toewsian of you though. All you needed was a 64-oz bottle of ketchup, too, and you would've encapsulated our family in a nutshell!

Debi Toews said...

Ketchup - I knew that I was forgetting something!!!