Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring on Lower Waitsburg

Last Sunday RJ and I went for a ride; we planned a rolling ride out to Waitsburg, and she was going to maybe add on Spring Creek as well. Not for me at this time of year!




As we took off, the wind was calm and it was definitely the beginning of spring, with the wheat fields taking on that "giant golf course" appearance, so typical of this time of year here:



On Sunday, RJ and I were planning a hilly ride, out Lower Waitsburg Road, and then she was going to maybe add on Spring Creek, too.


We stopped at a grain elevator to take some pictures.



As I was posing for the official ride photographer, the wind suddenly rose to a gale. RJ looked at me and said that she wouldn't object if we turned around, to which I readily assented. We turned around and got slammed by the wind. We rode a team time trial all the way back. What fun!

No comments: