Friday, March 20, 2009

Five Mile Morning

Leslie and I were the only two riders to show up for our Friday ride this morning, and she asked me to take it easy on her, as she was feeling a bit tired. Being all for that, I readily complied.

Of course, all bets were off at Five Mile Hill. She moved just in front of me and I was determined not to lose her wheel. When we reached the top we were so breathless that we couldn't even speak for a bit.

Finally, I gasped out that my heart was ready to burst through my chest - and Leslie agreed that hers was crawling its way on out.

We spun our way back to town. What a great way to start a day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think a ride like that merits a baked goodie. :) Ooooh.... I just had a "thunk..." Make brownies, and crumble up a few of those chunky espresso chocolates from Trader Joe's I sent you on top of the batter before baking! HELLO! :)