Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A small accomplishment & the last big one

This morning, while chasing the guys, I rode up the steep side of 5 mile hill without shifting into my granny gear. It's been a number years since I've done that. Now I just need to be able to do it without getting popped off the back...
The last big training ride is coming up this weekend. The guys are riding to Bluewood and back on Friday via Lower Hogeye. While I would really like to go with them for the company and the pace, looking at my desk I think that my day will have to be Saturday. To Elgin and back. According to map my ride, it's 87 miles each way. According to my memory it's more like 70. Perhaps I miscalculated when I "mapped" my ride.
Any volunteers among my tiny readership for riding part of the way with me? On the long haul, all sorts of topics could be discussed, we could solve world hunger, discover the meaning of the universe.
Jim will be doing the ultra-sag per usual. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Would that I could go with thee mom! Love you!