Monday, June 23, 2008

5/7 of the Seven Hills Ride


The view from the top of Scenic Loop.
Yesterday, continuing in my post-event decompression mode I went on a ride. It was a lovely, temperate, day. I didn't know how the legs would feel or how the mind would do. I just knew that I needed to go out and relax.
So, I set out on Baffney's Seven Hills ride, which has lots of opt-out places. This ride is as follows: extensions of Birch Creek, Cottonwood, and Russell Creek roads, as far as the pavement. Then do Scenic Loop, Five Mile Hill, Spring Creek and the Elevator Shaft.
I did the first five and felt good, climbing a gear or two higher than normal. At that point I was out of water and cookies (leftovers from the Ann Ride). I debated getting some more water and food at Klickers and continuing on, but decided that this ride was just about right for this particular day. Judging from my slightly-but-not-terribly sore legs, this was a good call. It was just right!

No comments: